Sonitec™ CSL tube system
Easy-to-install sonic tube system for CSL
Sonitec is a tube solution invented to facilitate the integrity testing of foundations using the CSL testing method.
CSL (Cross Sonic Logging) method allows to determine the structural integrity and homogeneity of concrete within diaphragm walls, bored piles, drilled shafts, barrettes, concrete piles or augercast piles.
CSL method requires a transmitter and a receiver to be inserted in parallel water-filled tube down the pile depth in order to propagate and measure the speed of ultrasonic pulses.
Sonitec system have been designed for the sole purpose of facilitating the assembly and installation of long tube lengths in reinforcement cages.
Sonitec has been for more than 20 years the preferred solution of piling and general contractors worldwide to safely and quickly deliver a perfect CSL testing environment.
- Sonitec are based on thin black steel tubes available in different diameters and thicknesses. Our standard length is 5.80 meters.
- Instant connection. A convenient enlarged bell-mouth allows the connection of 2 tubes seamlessly, thus greatly reducing labor cost and project schedule.
- Waterproof design up to 240 meters. The PUSH-FIT system connection between the mouth and rubber gasket ensures a concrete-tight joint that will
maintain the tube integrity and prevent the entry of foreign material. Our tubes are 100% verified in factory for leakage.
- High loading capacity steel ears welded at regular spacing to tie and lock two tubes together.
- Compliant with ASTM D6760, the standard method for integrity testing by ultrasonic cross-hole testing.
- Simply the fastest way to build a CSL testing environment.
- Safe reconnection. No special tooling and no welding required.
- Recommended for the assembly of prefabricated cages which
have been previously equipped with Sonitec tubes.
- Rigid and robust tube connections, high resistance to shocks.
- The O-ring is installed inside the pipe and fully protected from UV and
- For more advanced applications, additional accessories and FRP tube
version also available. Please refer to the documentation.