ReidBar™ 500E, is a micro-alloy, hot-rolled, continuously threaded reinforcing bar which can be cut at any length and joined using ReidBar threaded connectors.
ReidBar™ is manufactured to AS/NZS4671:2001 Steel Reinforcing Materials by Pacific Steel with the deformations forming a continuous right-hand thread allowing it to be cut and joined using ReidBar™ threaded couplers.
Features & Benefits:
- Improves structural integrity through joining of the bar with threaded connectors.
- Creates a full strength seismic joint – connectors are designed to exceed the capacity of the high strength 500MPa bar (with the exclusion of some Reidbrace fittings).
- Suitable for seismic design, ReidBar™ is manufactured to 500E steel specification standards.
- Ultimate strength development is possible with short embedment depths using footplates.
- Eliminates cast in starter-bars for simple transportation, handling and avoids re-bending.
- Removes congestion and can ease construction, eliminating the need for hooked bars.
- Provides simple solutions for construction problems, reducing labour and material costs.
- The system is suitable for use in thin concrete sections such as wall panels.
Reidbar™ Couplers provide versatility in structural design unmatched by alternative reinforcing coupler systems.
All ReidBar™ threaded connectors identified by the Reid logo are cast from SG ductile iron and are designed to exceed the tensile capacity of the high-strength, threaded reinforcing bar, and provide connections suitable for seismic conditions.
Offering the confidence and convenience of a “bar break” system, Reidbar™ Couplers allow buildings to be constructed with continuous reinforcing throughout the length and breadth of concrete elements. Commonly utilised for wet joints and panel to panel applications.
Features & Benefits:
- Available in black, galvanised or steel.
- Efficient coupling removes the need for lapping, reducing wastage and congestion in heavily reinforced concrete pours.
- Reidbar can be cut at any point and connected using Reidbar couplers without the need for re-tapping a thread